Dorothea was married to E L Vaughan (Toddy) in the mid-1920s. He was by this time in his 70s. After Mr Vaughan's death in 1940 she continued to support her husband's village interests with much generosity. She gave chairs to the Institute insisting that they be bought from her birthplace, Ireland. She donated a stained glass window to St John the Baptist Church, which was dedicated to the memory of her late husband. Although handicapped by deafness in later years she still attended Youth Club meetings as its President. Dorothea died in 1954. The Vaughans owned the Wheatbutts in Eton Wick, but lived at Willowbrook, Eton.
This article was first published in A Pictorial History of Eton Wick & Eton.