Tom Brown Tailors have traded in Eton since 1784. First from Keats Lane and the 1841 census records that the business had moved to No. 1 High Street. It expanded into No. 2 High Street in 1890.
No. 3 High Street has been a Grocers since 1779. The 1841 census shows that John Atkins was a grocer. His son, also John ran the business until the1870's. In the 1877 edition of the Post Office Directory for Buckinghamshire Barnes Brown is recorded as being an Italian Warehouseman. By 1891 the grocer's shop was owned by Sidney Stevens in partnership with Albert Harris.
With the courtesy of Google Streetview, both of these businesses can be been seen to be still trading as tailors and grocers at numbers 1 and 3 High Street in Eton.